Wednesday, July 21, 2010

10 Minute Prompt: How to love me enough (write-a-thon edition)

Do you love me enough to leave me
locked in a car on a hot day?
Do you love me enough to throw me
to the bullies when they grab at your lunch money?
Do you love me enough to throw
me at the kidnappers who came for you?
Do you love me enough to punch me
and fracture the bones in my face
the face that earns my fame and fortune?
Do you love me enough to carve your sign
on my back while you sit on my ass
pinning me on the bed with a pillow for my screams?
Do you love me enough to take all my money
knowing I’ll be homeless when you do?
Do you love me enough to starve me
just to let me know who’s boss?
Do you love me enough to lock me
in the basement and give me 5 babies
to love even more?
Do you love me enough to shave my head
so the world knows the shame I am to you?
Do you love me enough to let me love you back
in all those ways?

No comments:

Post a Comment