Wednesday, August 4, 2010

10 Minute Prompt: What do you never say?/Why do you write?

I never say what I want
I never tell you how I want you to love me
I never ask you to make me your queen
I never speak the bottom of my heart
I can’t bring myself to tell you
That our connection is more important to me
than breathing
I won’t ever say that, to you, not ever
What I will say is that I want family
I will tell you I love you sooner than you expect
I will ask you to touch me right there
I will speak about plans for the future
I can bring myself to tell you that how
I feel with you is damn good
I will always say that, to you, always
But I will never say what I want.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I write so that I can feel connected to as many people as possible without actually meeting them. I write because words clamor inside me and ask to be let out. I write because I get a huge kick out of making people laugh. I write to amuse myself. I write to pose problems and answer questions. I write to let you know that I am here.

1 comment: