Tuesday, June 29, 2010

10 minute prompt: Dear Pride Fairy (write-a-thon edition)

Dear Pride Fairy,

Please bring me all your radical friends to decorate the streets and buildings with glitter and tinsel and feathers and sequins and paint the nails of everyone who passes by.

Please bring me a gaggle of cute women to flatter me and play with my hair.

Please bring me a warm sunny day in Volunteer Park with squirrels who know that crumbs taste the same from queers as from straights.

Please bring me hugs and kisses from every queer I've ever known.

Please bring me dykes on bikes and fags on scooters and people so happy to see them they pee their pants.

Please bring me a passle of people who look like a man and a woman mashed together in unpredictable ways by a big queer super-collider.

Please bring me drinks al fresco, because everyone needs refreshment.

Please bring me into a future where no one asks me if I have a man, but just looks at my life, knows me, is open to who I am before I get there and force the issue.

Please bring me an ocean of love to wash my queer people, present and past, to absolve them of the wrongs done to them.

Thank you,
yours queerly,
Caren

1 comment:

  1. Lovely! I wish Pride was celebrated more than one weekend a year.

    ReplyDelete